FAIR TRADING COMMISSION
The Fair Trading Commission is seeking to recruit individuals to fill the positions of
Director of Consumer Protection and Chief Economist
1. Director of Consumer Protection
The Director of Consumer Protection reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for advising the Commission on all matters relating to the Consumer Protection Act and the enforcement of that Act. This may include matters such as unfair trading practices, unfair contract terms, industry codes of practice and consumer safety.
The Director of Consumer Protection is required to:
- Plan, organise and direct the activities of the Consumer Protection Division;
- Monitor the activities of business enterprises to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Act;
- Manage and co-ordinate complex investigations.
This successful applicant should:
International and/or regional experience in a consumer protection agency would be an asset.
- Hold a Master’s degree in in Business Administration, Economics, Law or a related area and have at least five years senior management experience;
- Have a good understanding of local consumer protection law and in-depth knowledge of consumer protection issues;
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a team with a track record for high quality output;
2. Chief Economist
The Chief Economist will report to the Director of Fair Competition and will be required to monitor business conduct to identify opportunities for the enhancement of competition and to identify areas where breaches are occurring.
The Chief Economist is required to conduct investigations into allegations of anti-competitive conduct, mergers and acquisitions.
The successful candidate should:-
- Hold a Master’s degree in economics and have at least five years relevant experience;
- Be familiar with regulatory policies and procedures and have knowledge of antitrust law;
- Possess a proven track record for high quality economic research and output;
Have strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills;
Previous experience in a regulatory agency would be an asset.
Interested persons are invited to submit applications accompanied by curriculum vitae and two
recent references to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Fair Trading Commission
Good Hope, Green Hill
ST. MICHAEL, BB12003
The closing date for applications is Friday, October 7, 2016.