FAIR TRADING COMMISSION
IN THE MATTER of the Utilities Regulation Act 2000-30 Procedural Rules
AND IN THE MATTER of the Utilities Regulation Act 2000-30 and the Fair Trading Commission Act 2000-31 and the Telecommunications Act 2001-36 of the Laws of Barbados
AND IN THE MATTER of the Application by Cable & Wireless (Barbados) Limited for Rate Adjustments pursuant to section 16 of the Utilities Regulation Act 2000-30.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Cable & Wireless (Barbados) Limited (“the Company”) has applied to the Fair Trading Commission (“Commission”) for:
- an adjustment to the domestic rate for business and residential customers
- the introduction of usage based rates for domestic calls made from fixed lines
- an abridgement of time pursuant to rule 7.1 of the Utilities Regulation Act 2000-30 Procedural Rules
AND NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN as follows:
1. Any person who wishes to intervene at the proceeding must file a letter of intervention no later than 4:00 p.m. on the 27th day of August 2003. The letter of intervention must comply with the provisions of Rule 60 to the Utilities Regulation Act 2000-30 Procedural Rules which state:
Every letter of intervention:
Shall be divided into paragraphs and numbered consecutively;
- Shall describe the intervenor, the interest of the intervenor in the proceeding and the grounds for the intervention;
- Shall contain subject to Rule 60.7, a concise statement of the nature and scope of the intervenor’s intended participation;
- Shall request written evidence if it is desired;
- Shall set out the full name, address, telephone number and fax number of no more than 2 representatives including counsel of the intervenor for the purposes of service and delivery of documents in the proceeding.
2. At any hearing, only those persons who have filed a letter of intervention in accordance with the above conditions, will be entitled to be heard.
3. Copies of the said application and supporting Schedules and data filed by the Company can be obtained on application to the Secretary of the Commission on or after the 13th day of August 2003 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at the offices of the Commission, Manor Lodge, Lodge Hill, St. Michael, or from the Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov.bb.
4. Copies of Utilities Regulation Act 2000-30 Procedural Rules relating thereto may be inspected at the office of the Commission between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays and may be purchased for $2.00 each.
5. Notice of the date and venue for the commencement of the public hearing will be given at a later date.
Dated the 7th day of August 2003.
Secretary to the Commission